State of Utah code 17-54-101 established the Rural County Grant Program. Effective July 1, 2020. The Summit County Startup Grant, Small Business Grant and Strategic Infrastructure Grant are fully funded by the State of Utah Rural County Grant Program.
The Rural County Grants are awarded to rural counties by the executive director of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development after review and recommendation of the Governor’s Rural Partnership Board. The Rural County Grant Program is designed to address the economic development needs of rural counties, which needs may include:
- Business recruitment, development and expansion;
- Workforce training and development; and,
- Infrastructure and capital facilities improvements for business development
The rural county grant program is a reimbursement grant and requires a 40% match.
The following types of activities will not be considered:
- Debt retirement
- Funding for political activities
- Funding for faith-based organizations for the purposes of worship or instruction
- Indirect or overhead costs
- Individuals or organizations that unfairly discriminate based on race, ethnic origin, sex, creed or religion, in policy or practice
- Pass-through funding to other individuals or organizations
- Legal and accounting services
- Support for on-going programs
Review the Funding Guides below to determine if your project qualifies for these Summit County Grants. This round of applications closes on August 2, 2021. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jeffrey B. Jones, AICP at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 435-336-3221 or cell phone 208-608-2472.