Current Candidates and Information

  1. Federal
  2. State
  3. County
  4. School Board

View a complete list of federal filings.

U.S. Senate 1 (6-Year Term)

Please go to:

U.S. House of Representatives 1 (2-Year Term)

Please go to:

Financial Report Forms

Candidate Resources

This page is intended to be a resource to candidates that have filed to run for office in Summit County. We have created links to a few items that we think will be useful to you in becoming more familiar with Summit County and the services that are provided. Take a few minutes to check out our website, if you can't find something specific just use the search located at the top of the page.

The 2019 filing period opens June 3 at 8:00 AM and closes June 7 at 5:00 PM. Candidates interested in filing for public office must appear in person at their City office during regular business hours.

To submit your bio to the state web site please visit


Prohibited activities include any oral, printed, or written attempt to persuade persons to refrain from voting or to vote for or against any candidate or issue; and polling place means the physical place where ballots or absentee ballots are cast and includes the County Clerk's Office or City Hall during the period in which absentee ballots may be cast there. All activities are to be 150-feet from the polling location.

Voter Registration Information

Voter lists may be ordered through the Summit County Clerk's Office only for use in political campaigns. This information may also be ordered through the state political party offices. All requests shall be in writing and the appropriate fee will apply. The setup fee is established by Utah State Code and is a $25 setup fee and $.005 per voter. You will need software that can read a .csv file.

Political Signs

Summit County prohibits placing political signs in any public right of way. Campaign signs must comply with the following guidelines:

  1. Noncommercial Opinion Signs: Noncommercial opinion signs are subject to all requirements and provisions of the Utah state code annotated and other laws as may be applicable. Such signs are regulated as follows:
    1. Residential Properties: Residential properties are permitted 9-square-feet of a sign area, not to exceed 3-feet in height. The sign square footage may be split between 2 or more signs, but the total square footage may not exceed 9-square-feet.
    2. Nonresidential Properties: Nonresidential properties are permitted 6-square-feet of sign area, not to exceed 3-feet in height. The sign square footage may be split between 2 or more signs, but the total square footage may not exceed 6-square-feet.

County personnel may remove and impound these signs if notice to remove the signs has been sent to the property owner or candidate and they have failed to comply with that notice.

There are many cities / towns and Utah State road right of ways that impose restrictions within their jurisdiction. Contact each entity for their regulations.

City / Town
Phone Number
Coalville City435-336-5981
Francis Town435-783-6236
Henefer Town435-336-5365
Kamas City435-783-4630
Oakley Town435-783-5734
Park City Municipal435-615-5025
UDOT - Park City435-649-9701
UDOT - Wanship435-336-5394