Snyderville Basin Planning District
Summit Research Park Proposed Modifications
Summit County has received an application to revise the Summit Research Park (Skull Candy Building, Hugo Coffee/Visitors Bureau) Development Agreement.
The proposal includes concepts for housing, hotels, and a gondola connecting Kimball Junction to the Utah Olympic Park.
For more information, a project specific website is available at this link: https://www.summitcounty.org/researchpark
Snyderville Basin Dark Sky Ordinance
The Summit County Council recently adopted new lighting regulations for the Snyderville Basin area. The purpose of the new standards is to:
- Balance the environmental and sustainability goals set forth in the Snyderville Basin General Plan with the need to provide safe lighting practices.
- Minimize light pollution for the enjoyment of the Snyderville Basin’s residents and visitors.
- Prevent the degradation of the nighttime visual environment by production of unsightly and dangerous glare;
- Create lighting practices that promote the health and safety of the Snyderville Basin’s residents and visitors;
- Prevent unnecessary waste of energy and resources in the production of excessive light or wasted light;
- Prevent interference in the use or enjoyment of property which is not intended to be illuminated at night and the loss of the scenic view of the night sky due to increased urban sky-glow and light trespass.
Kimball Junction Neighborhood Plan Update
The Summit County Council recently updated the Kimball Junction Neighborhood Plan which is included as an element of the Snyderville Basin General Plan.
Planning Commission Agenda and Staff Reports
Agendas and Staff Reports for Planning Commission meetings are available online on the Friday preceding the meeting.
The Planning Commission meets regularly at 6:00 p.m. on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month.
Meetings are held virtually at this time. The link is on the Agenda posted the Friday preceding the meeting.
Snyderville Basin Planning Commission
The Snyderville Basin Planning Commission is made up of residents of the Snyderville Basin area of Summit County who serve three (3) year terms.
Some responsibilities of the Planning Commission include:
- Preparation of the Snyderville Basin General Plan.
- Review and make recommendations to the County Council regarding amendments to the Zoning Map;
- Review and make recommendations to the County Council regarding amendments to the Snyderville Basin Development Code;
- Hear, review, and approve or disapprove all applications for conditional uses, long term temporary uses, or subdivisions.
The current membership of the Snyderville Basin Planning Commission is listed below:
|Member Name||Term Ends|
|Thomas Cooke - Vice Chair||2023||Email Thomas Cooke|
|Ryan Dickey - Chair||2021||Email Ryan Dickey|
|Joel Fine||2023||Email Joel Fine|
|Bruce Carmichael||2023||Email Bruce Carmichael|
|John Kucera||2021||Email John Kucera|
|Crystal Simons||2022||Email Crystal Simons|
|Christopher Conabee||2022||Email Christopher Conabee|
Snyderville Basin General Plan
The General Plan describes the "big picture" citizens envision for their community. Using the General Plan as a guide, the Development Code is written to regulate how new development and redevelopment of existing areas can be done so that, over time, the citizens' vision is realized.