What happens if the property is no longer farmed?
If you build a home on Greenbelt property, subdivide the property, no longer graze the property or raise crops, if there is an acreage change that drops the acreage below the five acre requirement, etc., property is billed a Rollback Tax. The Rollback is figured on the difference between the historical market value and the use value for the past five years or the years that a property has been receiving the Greenbelt exemption. Once you are billed the Rollback you have 30 days to pay or the property is liened and if it is still not paid it is attached to your property taxes along with interest and penalty.

Show All Answers

1. What is market value?
2. Why do we have a property tax?
3. Why do assessed values change from year-to-year?
4. What are my rights and responsibilities?
5. How much property do I have to own to qualify to be on Greenbelt?
6. What do I have to do to apply to be on Greenbelt?
7. What happens if there is a question as to the agricultural use of the property?
8. What happens if the property is no longer farmed?
9. I am leasing some agricultural property. Can I apply for Greenbelt?
10. I am one of multiple owners on a property. Is it okay of I am the only one signing the application?
11. How often do I have to submit an application?
12. What is my property is being farmed by someone else?
13. What is Greenbelt and how can I get more info?