What is Greenbelt and how can I get more info?

The Utah Farmland Assessment Act (FAA, also called the Greenbelt Act) Allows qualifying Agricultural property to be taxed based upon its productive capability instead of the market value. The Use Values that property is taxed on is determined by the Utah State University Study that has been adopted by the farmland advisory committee.

If you would like more information please fill out this form or call our office at (435) 336-3211

Applications will be processed for the current tax year if they are received before May1 of that year.

Show All Answers

1. What is market value?
2. Why do we have a property tax?
3. Why do assessed values change from year-to-year?
4. What are my rights and responsibilities?
5. How much property do I have to own to qualify to be on Greenbelt?
6. What do I have to do to apply to be on Greenbelt?
7. What happens if there is a question as to the agricultural use of the property?
8. What happens if the property is no longer farmed?
9. I am leasing some agricultural property. Can I apply for Greenbelt?
10. I am one of multiple owners on a property. Is it okay of I am the only one signing the application?
11. How often do I have to submit an application?
12. What is my property is being farmed by someone else?
13. What is Greenbelt and how can I get more info?